Florence and I attended the annual gala for BVMI (www.bvmi.org), a nonprofit health center in Hackensack, which honored their “champions” for their volunteer services. I am a founding trustee of BVMI, which treats low-income individuals at no charge, partners with hospitals in the area to provide health care services. BVMI is based on the volunteers in medicine model that began in Hilton Head, SC in the mid-1990s. I had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Jack McConnell soon after the Hilton Head facility opened after I read an article in the New York Times about Dr. M.
- What Are U.S. Forces Doing in Niger Anyway?
- The Phony Islamic State
- McCain’s Anti-Trump Broadside a Half-Baked Brief For Empire
- Bank Of America: “This Could Send The Nasdaq To 10,000”
- U.S. Will Expand Counterterrorism Operations in Africa
- GOP Congress Presides Over Highest Spending Since Obama’s Stimulus
- Donald Trump didn’t create danger of presidential dictatorship, he inherited it
- Trump Plans to Make It Easier to Kill Civilians with Drones. Sadly, We Can Thank Obama for That. –
- The Case Against Gold as a Central Bank Asset
- Strategist Jeff Saut: The 8-year-old bull market still has up to nine more years left
- Powered by