Lew Rockwell has put together a list of books which all Americans should read to learn why liberty and free markets are the best way to create a harmonious society.
As he posted on his blog:
“Recently, on the Kate Dalley Show, I promised a list of 10 shorter works for the intelligent layman interested in learning about Austrian economics and libertarianism. After all, our first job—to make resistance possible–is to educate ourselves. Here is a great start:”
- Frederic Bastiat, The Law
- Henry Hazlitt, Economics in One Lesson
- Ludwig von Mises, Economic Policy: Thoughts for Today and Tomorrow
- ___, Planned Chaos
- ___, Planning for Freedom
- Ron Paul, The Revolution: A Manifesto
- Against the State ,
- Murray N. Rothbard, Anatomy of the State
- ___, Left and Right: The Prospects for Liberty
- ___, What Has Government Done to Our Money
PS Many of these titles can be read at www.mises.org for free. Bernie would be proud—more free stuff!