Because they have the same economically-destructive effects as protectionist tariffs. Abraham Lincoln’s original battle plan was called “The Anaconda Plan” because its goal was to strangle the economy of the South by blocking international trade. The only difference is that with protectionist tariffs we do to ourselves in peacetime what our enemies try to do to us in wartime: Harm us by blocking valued imports from other countries. Protectionist tariffs are the quintessential anti-populist, monopolistic policy because they are the result of a price-fixing conspiracy between small groups of greedy, rent-seeking corporations (with the help of their unions) and pandering … Continue reading →
- As the U.S. Government Grows, American Prosperity Slows
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Fed Chairman: Business Debt is at Record Highs, But It Is Different This Time
- Second White House ‘Farm Bailout’ Could Cost As Much As $20 Billion | Zero Hedge
- Are Conservatives Throwing in the Towel on Fiscal Restraint?
- Tucker Carlson and AOC Are Wrong About Christianity and Usury | Mises Wire
- Rockets In Baghdad’s Green Zone – False Flag Or Iran Attack?
- The 5-Laws Of Human Stupidity & How To Be A “Non-Stupid” Investor | RIA
- Bonner: The Only Real Way to ‘Fix’ Capitalism – Money & Markets
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Big Farmers Are Ending Up Getting A Big Chunk of Trump’s Tariff-War Bailout Funds
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: The Latest Central Planning Program Launched Under the Guise of a Green New Deal Program
- Powered by