January 2018 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The Last Continent
- From W to Obama to Trump, the Policy Has Been Endless War
- Nuke subsidies: Turnabout is fair play
- Dave Collum’s 2017 Year In Review: “The Bubble In Everything Grew”
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Krugman: The Bitcoin Bubble is the Internet Bubble at 50 Times the Speed
- David Gornoski on Anthropology and Liberty
- It’s Time to Watch Alastair Sim’s Scrooge. Again.
- When Washington Assured Russia NATO Would Not Expand
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Charles Barkley Thanks GOP for Taking ‘Care of Us Rich People’
- Buffett partner Charlie Munger says bitcoin is ‘total insanity,’ avoid it ‘like the plague’
- Powered by
I was interviewed about state taxes just before the November election. Robert Wenzel had this to say about the segment at www.economicpolicyjournal.com:
Murray Sabrin, professor of finance in the Anisfield School of Business, Ramapo College, is just great when it comes to explaining things from a limited government, free market perspective and New Jersey media is beginning to recognize that. He is being asked to appear more and more often on New Jersey news outlets. In the below clip, he appears twice first near the start and then again toward the end.
Beware trickle down taxation!
Florence and I are leaving today for Buenos Aires and then flying to Ushuaia, the southern most city on the planet, where we board the cruise ship to Antarctica. We will then have visited all seven continents. The itinerary is posted here, https://www.gct.com/trips/
Florence will be posting photos on her FB page.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
The stupidity of government subsidies.
“A bill moving through the Legislature would create a system of cash credits to keep New Jersey’s nuclear plants producing carbon-free power; we already give credits for solar so the environmentalists have no logical reason to resist subsidies for our best source of clean energy…”
Is that a popping sound we hear?
“David Gornoski is a Christian libertarian writer, frequently featured at The American Conservative and Foundation for Economic Education.”
“Statecraft is a complicated business, but the criteria by which we judge statesmen turn out to be less so. The central question reduces to whether those charged with formulating policy succeed in…”
“I really like this, I think this is good, and I think this is what we should work on…”
“[we’re going to see] a fiscal calamity of Biblical proportions…Gold is the ultimate and only real money. Gold is the only safe asset when push comes to shove…”